Friday, March 2, 2012

1 hour, 10 minutes....

Today I took an hour.....and hour and ten minutes......and I made:
10 burgers (6 for dinner, 4 for the freezer) UPDATE - Made 12 more burgers Sat afternoon in 15 minutes - will post recipe with pics soon!!!
Tater Tot Casserole
Marinara sauce with meat
Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Not bad.....will post pictures later...... UPDATE!!!!
Here are the pictures from my freezer meal hour......
The way I started - clean stove!



Browning my meatballs for the sweet and sour meatballs .

 Getting my marinara sauce going.....  (basically some onions, celery and red pepper sauteed in olive oil.  Then add 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can of diced tomatoes, some tomato paste, salt and pepper, oregano and basil and some dried chili flakes - then cook for about an hour)



This is how I prep any of my Ziploc meals - I put the plastic bag in a large bowl to hold it upright - makes life much easier!!!

Here is a view from the top - all ingredients in! 


Sweet and Sour Meatballs - ready to freeze.  Remember - freeze them flat and they take less room in your freezer!  I would normally write all instructions on the bag...but this is such a staple meal in our home that I have the directions for it all in the old brain ; ) 


Tater Tot Casserole ready to freeze.  (We had this this week as I swapped out a  meal - really good!!!)




Burgers - ready for the freezer and dinner!  I will post this recipe soon - it was delicious!!!


Finished marinara sauce with some meat added.  Easy as pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment